Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cornbread Pancakes

I like making breakfast for lunch my kids. They love pancakes. I decided to try this recipe I found on glutenfreemommy.com. They are really good.




2 cups stoneground yellow cornmeal
1/2 c rice flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I use homemade 1 T vinegar to 1 cup milk, let sit 5 minutes)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg


In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, rice flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, beat the buttermilk, water, oil and egg with a fork until blended. Add to the cornmeal mixture and mix until lumps are eliminated.

Cook as you would regular pancakes. I made honey butter to spread on them. My kids LOVED them.

No comments:

Post a Comment