Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Classic White Bread


I finally found a bread I like!!!  I have one other bread recipe I need to put on here, but this is great for sandwiches.  YAY! I have missed sandwiches. Next time i'll use smaller pans so the bread is more sqare. There are a lot of steps, but I promise it is worth it.

2 c rice flour
1 1/4 c Carol's Sorgham Blend (look at top of categories for this mix)
2 T sugar
1 T xantham gum
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 c nonfat dry milk
2 1/4 t (1 package) dry yeast
1 t unflavored gelatin (optional, but helps bread retain moisture)
1 1/2 c water
2 T margarine or butter
1 t rice vinegar
3 large eggs

Combine all dry ingredients and wisk together in a large bowl and preheat oven to 200 degrees

Melt margarine in water and heat to 120-130 degrees and add water to dry ingredients slowly on low speed.  Then add vinegar and eggs, one at a time.  Then mix on high for 3 minutes. (dough will look like thick cake batter)

Pour dough into one greased bread pan.  Place in preheated oven; turn oven off.  Let the dough rise until doubles; about 45-60 minutes.

Turn oven on (with bread still in it) to 375 degrees.  Bake 25-35 minutes; until toothpick comes out clean.

Place bread on cooling rack for 10 minutes and remove from pans.  When bread has cooled slice and place in bag.  Store in freezer.

Microwave a few seconds and then toast it. (At least that's how I like it.)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you finally found a bread you like!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete