Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Carol's Sorghum blend

This is a flour replacement for regular recipes.  I definitely like it better than Bob's Red Mill multipurpose flour.  But, I am still getting used to the new flours and the textures they make. So, this is the only other I've used.

I got it from the book 1000 Gluten Free Recipes by Carol Fenster.  I haven't used a lot of the recipes, but the pie crust I made today from it was really good.

1 1/2 c Sorghum Flour
1 1/2 c potato starch/cornstarch
1 c tapioca flour

Blend well with a wire wish.  Store in a cool, dark, place in a tightly sealed container.  (I store all of my flours in the freezer, you just have to bring them to room temp before using.)

No comments:

Post a Comment