Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Banana Bread Muffins

These are moist and delicious.  I bake up a batch and eat what I want and whatever is left over I throw in the freezer.  They freeze great and it just takes about 50 seconds on half power to defrost them in the microwave.

1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 c mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
1/2 c sour cream
1 1/2 c flour mix ( once again Jules GF is the best)
2 T flaxseed meal (optional, but you won't taste it it just makes things healthier)
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 nuts (optional also, I love the pecans with them.)

Grease 16 muffin cups, or 1bread pan.

Wisk together all dry ingredients in medium bowl, except nuts. Set aside.  (Remember to use Xanthan Gum if you are not using a mix with it)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix in banana and sour cream.

Add dry ingredients.  Scoop into muffin tins or pans. Place nuts on top.  Bake 30 minutes for muffins or 1 hour for a loaf.

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your sister, Brooke, was my waiter at Olive Garden the other night and when she heard I wasn't eating wheat she gave me your blog address. I'm not eating wheat or dairy, but it may be just temporary. For now I have at least another 3 months...I've been craving cookies lately and so I made your peanut butter cookies last night (how weird you can make them with so few ingredients!) and they were shockingly good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete