Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

AMAZING Frosted Brownies

I am so excited about these brownies!!! These are so good.  Everyone in my family liked them too.  I made them from my regular brownie recipe and just replaced the flour with Jules GF flour and a little bit of Xanthan Gum.  I am sure a lot of the great results are from the flour mix because I've tried this before with Bob's Red Mill mix and they were not good.  Although you don't have to frost them, the frosting is so good.  It tastes a lot like fudge.  What else can I say other than.....mmmm they are delicious. :)


2 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t Xanthan Gum
1/3 c cocoa
1 t salt
1 scant (just over) cup oil
1 t vanilla
4 eggs


Combine sugar, flour, gum, cocoa, and salt.  Wisk together well.  Add oil, vanilla, and eggs.  Mix well.  Pour into well greased and floured 9x13 in pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35- 40 minutes.  (for those of you that are using non gluten free flour bake for about 30 minutes).


Frosting:


1 1/4 c. sugar
6 tbsp. milk
6 tbsp. butter
1 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c powdered sugar


In a saucepan bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil and boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted. Add vanilla

Mix in powdered sugar with a hand mixer.

Spread over cooled brownies or bar cookies While frosting is still hot. Will frost 15 x 10 inch pan of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment