Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes

I made parmesean meatballs tonight and I wanted a side other than spagetti. I found an awesome recipe for these potatoes. I'm sure they'd be great with regular potatoes too. They were pretty simple, I just had to allow enough time for them to bake.
2.5 lbs of red potatoes
1 package of onion soup (or the simple onion soup mix)
3-4 T olive or canola oil

(I also added a tiny bit of ground thyme, sage, and parsley flakes. I didn't measure it, but it was between 1/8 t to 1/4 t. It doesn't take much, just season it to taste.)

Wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Coate pieces with oil and then sprinkle powder mixture over and mix. Put in a 9x13 pan and cover. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and remove cover. Bake another 20-25 minutes or until soft. (I also think they taste better if you can remove them from the oven and cover them again for 5-10 minutes. Before serving.)

No comments:

Post a Comment