Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thai Green Curry

Bo and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Thai food.  There are a few things I can get at a restaurant still.  But, I have missed many others.  Mostly the Thai Fried Rice (if anyone has a recipe I would love it).  But, I just found an easy way to make the Green Curry.  It is GREAT!  It almost tastes like the restaurant version.  If you haven't cooked Thai Food before you'll have to buy some new ingredients.  But, they last for a long time and you get a lot out of them.
Thai Green Curry

1 T Green Curry Paste (I use the Thai Kitchen)
1 14 oz can coconut milk
1 large Chicken breast, cut into pieces
1 T fish sauce to cook chicken in
2 T fish sauce (add the savory flavor)
2-3 T brown sugar
1/4 c bamboo shoots
1/2 to 1 red pepper, cut into small slices
1/2 c eggplant (I don't like eggplant so it's not in mine I used 1 avg size carrot.)
1/3 c chicken stock

Mix curry paste and coconut milk in a medium size saucepan on medium heat  for 5 minutes.

Add everything except the chicken.  Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

While that simmers cook chicken in oil in a separate pan.  When veggies are cooked add chicken.  Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.  Serve over white rice.

I double this recipe for our family of 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment