Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cream Soups Recipe


I was SUPER excited to find this recipe because it is so simple and takes simple ingredients.  It took about 5 minutes to cook and get ready for my casserole.  I have missed having cream of chicken.  I can't wait to try "Yummy Potatoes" and "Broccoli Cheese Soup" with it.  


I found the recipe on the website http://www.glutenfreehomemaker.com/2008/10/gluten-free-cream-soups-recipe.html.  I just cut and pasted from her post.


1 c. cold milk
3 Tb. sweet rice flour or rice flour, or 2 Tb. cornstarch ( I used Jule's Gluten Free Flour)
2 Tb. butter
1 tsp. chicken bouillon or other flavoring
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

(I also added some onion and garlic powder to mine.  Start out with about 1/4 t and keep adding until you like the taste.)

Wisk flour into the cold milk in a saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and heat to a boil while whisking frequently. Reduce heat and simmer about a minute until thickened.

Use this soup in recipes in place of one can of creamed soup.
This recipe is flexible. You can add ingredients such as chicken, mushrooms, celery, or cheese for the kind of cream soup you want. For cream of mushroom soup I have used The Organic Gourmet Wild Mushroom Soup 'N Stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment