Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easy Chicken Potato Soup

This soup is really easy because it calls for chicken from a can (although it would be better with cooked chicken).  I really enjoyed it.  And of course, I LOVE LEFTOVERS for lunch and soup makes great leftovers.

2 T butter
1 small onion
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
3-4 carrots, sliced
4 medium potatoes, diced
1 bay leaf
8 c broth
8 t chicken bullion
salt and pepper to taste
I also added ground sage, thyme, garlic powder, and a little basil starting with 1/4 t of each, until I liked the flavor
2 cans cooked chicken, drained

Instead of all the water and seasonings you could use your favorite chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste.

1.  Saute onion and celery in butter until soft.

2.  Add remaining ingredients except chicken.  Cooked for 12-15 minutes depending on how soft you like your veggies.

3.  Add chicken and heat until warm.  Serve with your favorite crackers or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment