Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup

This is my FAVORITE soup! It is the best comfort food on the planet.

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons of butter
3-4 carrots
4-5 potatoes
3 1/2 cups of watter
8 oz frozen bag of broccoli or  about 3 cups fresh
2 teaspoons of chicken boullion
2 cans cream chicken soup (i used my homemade recipe and double it)
16 oz processed cheese, cut up in cubes

Melt butter in large pot. Add onion and celery and saute intil tender.

Add carrots, potatoes, (if using fresh broccoli add now too), water and chicken bouillon. Bring to boil and cook 8 minutes. Add frozen broccoli and cook about 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are cooked.

Turn heat to low and add soup and cheese. Serve when cheese is melted. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Can't wait to try this! I've been wanting a good Broccoli cheese soup recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete