Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Caramel Popcorn

I love carmel popcoran and this recipe is delicious.  It's chewy and soft.  I bet it would be great with almonds or pecans.

1 c corn for popping or 3 bags microwave popcorn
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1 can sweet and condensed milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pop popcorn and shake bowl to get unpopped kernels to bottom of bowl.  Remove all unpopped kernels.

Mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in 4 qt saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.

Heat until it reaches soft crack stage (270-290 degrees).  Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.

I like to stir it often as it cools down and place it in a bag.  I also break it upafter it's in the bag because it makes it easier to eat.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment