Remember...

All of the ingredients in these recipes can be purchased "gluten free", always read labels to be sure your ingredients are GF

I only use Jules Gluten Free flour anymore in my recipes. The recipes will work out great with it, but I can't garantee that using another all purpose mix will work out as well or taste good. If you haven't tried this mix. It is WELL worth the time and effort to order it. I can make anything except types of bread. Still working on that.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

DELICIOUS Caramel

This caramel takes over an hour to make, but it is TOTALLY worth it!


2 c light corn syrup (I used 1 c of dark and 1 cup light
1 14 oz can sweet and condensed milk
1 c whipping cream
1 1/2 c milk
1 cup butter (2 sticks, do not substitute)
4 c sugar
2 c chopped pecans (optional)
2 t vanilla

Butter a 9x13 pan.

In a heavy 6 qt pan, combine syrup, milks, butter, and sugar. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.  (If sugar crystals form on pan, wash down sides with a wet pastry brush.  Clip on candy thermometer.

Continue stirring constantly until mixture reaches 240 degrees (or hits firm ball stage).  Remove from heat.

Add pecans and vanilla.  Pour in to prepared pan (DO NOT SCRAPE PAN) and cool at room temperature  or overnight.

2 comments:

  1. This was probably my favorite when we were there for Christmas! I will be adding this recipe to my recipe box. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally making this for neighbor gifts this year!!! :D

    ReplyDelete